How to Write Persuasive Essays: Finding a Useful Online Example
Persuasive essays are one of the easiest papers to write as long as you know how to do it and what to look for when you are trying to find examples of them online. Here, I will explain how to construct one and where you can find good examples as well.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay
Before you even sit down to write the essay there are some key steps that you must complete first.
- First, you have to choose what side you are on regarding the argument. This will give you the groundwork for your persuasive essay.
- Next, you must know your audience, you must know their perspective on the subject.
- Now it is time to start you research, don’t just use one source. Expand your horizons, asking a librarian can help you in your research.
- Choose the best evidence to use in your essay, this will give you an advantage over the other students.
The Parts of a Persuasive Essay
- The first part is the introductory paragraph. This grabs the reader and tells them your take on the subject and tells them what they are about to read.
- Next, we have the body paragraphs. These give the audience your evidence to back up you view on the subject. Each paragraph should be detailed and persuade the audience.
- The opposing view is the next paragraph you will write. This paragraph will show the opposing view and here is where you prove that side wrong.
- Conclusion, you repeat your view here and tie the entire essay together.
There are all kinds of online examples out there but choosing the one that is right for you can be tricky. You want to make sure that you choose the right one for the assignment you are completing. Make sure you have all the information for the assignment before you go looking online for examples. Once you have that there are some ways you can find what you are looking for.
- The first thing you want to do it to use Google to your advantage. If you are looking for good examples, try Google Scholar first. This is the academic part of Google and can narrow your searching down.
- If you can’t find what you are looking for there, just use regular Google. When you do this make sure you use school or University sites, now you have the correct way to do it.