A List of Unique 8th Grade Expository Essay Writing Prompts
Expository writing tests the ability of an 8th grader to understand a scenario, idea or event and describe it. Prompts are used to provide a scenario or context which the 8th grader is supposed to expound. Prompts for 8th graders should revolve around imagination and things that they come into contact with on regular basic.
Here is a list of prompts that would enable 8th graders to produce excellent expository essays.
- You have been invited to a basketball event that will be graced by your favorite NBA star. Describe how you would prepare when given the opportunity to shake his hand.
- Describe your favorite spot in town to a friend who has never visited the area.
- What is your favorite sport and why?
- You have woken up in the middle of the desert. You have no idea where you are. Describe how you would find your way around.
- It is 1500 and you are the king of your territory. Describe the one weapon you would recommend to your army to ensure that you are adequately protected.
- Imagine you are in front of the crowd at the United Nations plenary hall. You have been invited to speak on how to improve the education standards for grade 8. What issues would top your agenda?
- If you were to return to grade five, what things would you do more and better?
- Assume that you are living in a society that has no law. What thing would you enjoy doing that is prohibited for now?
- If you had a chance to become a pet, what would your favorite animal be and why?
- Write an essay explaining to a friend how to learn riding a bicycle
- You have been given an opportunity to become a teacher today. Which teacher would you become and why?
- One morning you wakeup and you have a button in front of you. The button is used to decide which weather will prevail for the day. Explain the weather you would choose and why.
- You have been given an opportunity to organize an event that will be enjoyed by everyone in your neighborhood. What event would you organize and how will you make sure that everyone enjoys?
- If today was your last day alive, what would you do?
- Who is your favorite musician and what do you like about him/her?